Internal Medicine Services in Sunnyvale, CA
Learn More About Our Internal Medicine Services
Since 1988, Arroyo Animal Clinic has been proudly providing pets with exceptional healthcare. We’ve become a staple of the Sunnyvale, CA community, known for compassionate care and a wide range of veterinary services. Regardless of your pet’s diagnosis, our team of veterinary professionals can help your pet continue to live a happy and healthy life. Sometimes, your pet’s condition is complicated, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to assist you. Our team is well-equipped to handle complicated, challenging medical issues. Whether you’re coming to us for an initial evaluation or a second opinion, we’re glad you’ve chosen us to make your pet’s life more comfortable. Learn more about what our internal medicine team can offer you and your pet.
What Is Veterinary Internal Medicine?
You’ve likely heard of internal medicine, but you may not have heard the term associated with veterinary care. Nevertheless, this field is crucial in keeping pets happy and healthy. Internal medicine for pets diagnoses and treats a wide range of non-surgical conditions. Our internal medicine team can help to treat both acute and chronic illnesses found in animals.
Areas of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Veterinary internal medicine services encompass a wide range of specializations. Internal medicine experts may focus on respiratory issues, or they may specialize in the immune system. Here are some of the areas in which you can find treatment within veterinary internal medicine:
- Cardiology: Ensure your pet’s heart is cared for and protected against cardiac disease. If we find signs of this condition, we’ll discuss treatment options with you.
- Endocrinology: Hyperthyroidism, other hormonal diseases, and diabetes can all be diagnosed and treated by a trained internal medicine specialist.
- Gastroenterology: Problems with the GI tract are common in pets. If your pet is experiencing vomiting or diarrhea, don’t hesitate to seek help from our professionals.
- Neurology: If your pet struggles with seizures or another neurologic condition, an internal medicine specialist can help.
- Ophthalmology: Don’t forget about eye care for your pet! Our specialists can check tear quality and evaluate the eyes for any abnormalities.
Our Process for Internal Medicine
Every animal is different, but Arroyo Animal Clinic maintains a general process for each of our patients. Our three-phase method for treating pets can be adapted to address a wide range of conditions and help pets regain their health. Our process for internal medicine is as follows:
- Examinations: We begin by performing thorough evaluations of your pet’s condition. We’ll screen for a variety of common diseases, as well as those that are less prevalent.
- Diagnostic Testing: Next, we complete a range of diagnostic tests to eliminate possible conditions. After we run tests, we’ll have your pet’s ailment narrowed down, and we can begin discussing the next steps.
- Therapies: Once we know what disease we’re dealing with, we can determine the best treatment to address it. Our team will make sure you stay informed every step of the way and your pet remains comfortable. We always welcome pet owners to ask questions as they arise.
Diseases Cured Through Internal Medicine
Veterinary internal medicine services may be the right fit for your pet if they’re suffering from a severe condition. Fortunately, internal medicine strategies have been shown to successfully treat a slew of diseases. At Arroyo Animal Clinic, we have diagnosed and treated countless pets that have not found relief elsewhere. We have the knowledge and resources to treat conditions such as liver disease, infectious diseases, respiratory disease, endocrine disease, urinary tract and kidney diseases, and cardiac disease.
Ready to Make an Appointment?
If your pet needs the help of an internal medicine professional, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Arroyo Animal Clinic. We’ve helped countless animals throughout Sunnyvale, CA, and the surrounding communities. Our team has the expertise to handle a wide range of conditions, from cardiac disease to respiratory trouble. Contact us today for more information on our services.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Communication & Compassion are Our Goals
- We Give You Options For Your Pet’s Health Needs.
- We Educate You So You Can Make an Informed Choice.