Sunnyvale Animal Clinic Providing Complete Veterinarian Care
Veterinary Care for Pets in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Santa Clara, Mountain View & Los Altos
If you have a furry family member who could use some tender loving care, Arroyo Animal Clinic is an experienced veterinary clinic in Sunnyvale, CA. From dogs, cats, and rabbits to mice, rats, guinea pigs, and hamsters, we provide veterinary services for many types of pets. While we do not provide care for reptiles or birds at this time, we can refer you to several outstanding local vets who do in Sunnyvale and surrounding areas, including San Jose, Santa Clara, Mountain View, and Los Altos. Whether it’s time for your pet’s annual wellness exam or they need treatment for pet allergies, our staff is equipped to offer complete care in our state-of-the-art, family-friendly pet hospital.
Our staff understands that pets are incredibly important to individuals and families, which is why we treat every pet we see as if they were our own. While we do not treat reptiles or birds, we can refer you to outstanding local veterinary clinics that do.
Our staff prides itself on making every experience with your pet as positive and stress-free as possible. During your visit, you can expect our staff to gently introduce themselves in a way that is both calming and nurturing to your pet. To help with desensitizing your pet to the office and getting them as comfortable as possible, we encourage all pet owners to bring in their own high value/high reward treats (a treat that is given seldom, or during situations that are new to encourage a positive association with a new environment or unfamiliar situation).
Our Emergency Pet Hospital Offers Comprehensive Vet Services
Whether your pet is healthy or sick, Arroyo Animal Clinic offers comprehensive veterinary services to accommodate your pet’s needs. Our emergency pet hospital in Sunnyvale, CA is even capable of providing emergency surgery for your pets. Since 1988, our vet services have included the following:
- Vaccinations – We provide many routine vaccinations for dogs and cats, including rabies, distemper parvo, FVRCP, and FELV vaccinations. Be sure to also ask us about certificates of health and international travel consultations to ensure your pet is ready for boarding or travel.
- X-Rays – Our pet hospital utilizes digital radiology (x-rays) to help us diagnose issues promptly.
- Dental Services – As a responsible pet owner, you shouldn’t neglect your pet’s teeth. Dental disease can lead to more severe damages to your pet’s lungs, liver, heart, and kidneys over time. Ensure your pet’s teeth and gums remain healthy with our dental cleanings, diagnostic digital radiographs, and various dental treatment options.
- Surgeries – Whether your pet needs a routine spay or neuter or an emergency procedure to remove a growth, our veterinary doctors are also skilled at providing surgeries in our clinic.
- Laser Therapy – If your pet has arthritis, a degenerative disc, and joint disease, or is recovering from a surgery, they may benefit from our laser therapy treatments. Laser therapy is non-invasive and has been proven to accelerate healing thanks to improved blood flow to damaged tissues.
- GI Issues – Whether your pet has been vomiting, has diarrhea, or is constipated, we treat many gastrointestinal issues, including colitis, pancreatitis, and gastroenteritis.
- Pet Allergies – Pets can be allergic to foods and environmental factors just as much as their owners. The foxtail plant is the culprit behind many pet allergies in Northern California. If your pet has an allergy, our clinic provides prescription and over-the-counter medications, injections, and ointments to help alleviate their allergy symptoms.
- Skin Problems – From fleas and ringworm to skin infections caused by pet allergies, we provide testing and treatment for various skin issues affecting your pets.
- Internal Medicine – From cardiac disease to urinary tract and kidney diseases, many conditions aren’t apparent until your pet undergoes a thorough examination and diagnostic testing. No internal medical issue is too simple or complex for our staff to diagnose and treat.
- Pediatric Pet Care – Puppies and kittens require specialized pediatric pet care, as their needs differ from older pets. From wellness exams and vaccinations to spaying and neutering services and dietary recommendations, our vets are committed to getting your pet off to a great start!
- Pet Boarding – Are you about to go on vacation? Our pet hospital also offers pet boarding to ensure your pets are well-cared for while you’re away. Space is limited, so we only offer our boarding services to our current clients. Your pet must be up-to-date on all annual exams and vaccinations to be eligible for boarding. Contact us for more details!
- E-Pet Health – At Arroyo Animal Clinic, we do our best to educate you so that you can make enlightened decisions about your pet’s healthcare. Check out our library of e-pet health topics.
Have a Nervous Pet? No Problem for Our Family Pet Hospital
Even if your pet tends to be shy or nervous during a veterinary appointment, you needn’t worry. At Arroyo Animal Clinic, our staff is well-trained to make our time with your pet as calming as possible. Some pet owners bring in treats to give their pet after their appointment, so that they make a positive association with visiting the vet. We also recommend social visits during scheduled hours in which you and your pet can come in and help ease their anxiety by introducing them to our friendly staff before their next appointment. Whatever works best for you and your pet is fine with us.
If you are going on vacation and wish to leave your pet with a trusted animal hospital, our clinic offers pet boarding services. We watch your furry loved ones and ensure they always have food, fresh water, clean areas, and love. Even when our clinic is closed on weekends and holidays, our staff will come in and attend to your pets needs. Currently, we only offer boarding services to current clients. All pets must be current on annual exams and vaccines for boarding. Our space is limited, and a scheduled appointment is required to reserve availability.
Dogs must be updated on the following:
- Distemper (DHPP)
Cats must be updated on the following:
If you would like to board your rabbit or guinea pig, we do ask that you provide all food and essentials for their stay as we do not carry provisions in the clinic. You do not need to bring their cage, as one will be provided for them. Rats, hamsters, and mice must come in their own cage (it must fit within one of our own cages) with their food and essentials, as we do not carry provisions in the clinic.
Why You Should Choose Our Vet Clinic to Care for Your Pets
At Arroyo Animal Clinic, we treat every pet as if they were an extended member of our own family. Communication and compassion are our top priorities. You can count on our pet hospital to present you with many options to suit your pet’s health needs, as well as the necessary education so you can make an informed choice. Please contact our Sunnyvale, CA veterinary clinic today at (408) 241-4450 to schedule an appointment. All payments are due when our veterinary services are performed. However, we offer senior citizen discounts of 10% and accept many methods of payment for your convenience.
We currently accept the following for payment:
- Discover Card
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Under New Ownership
- Communication & Compassion are Our Goals
- We Give You Options For Your Pet’s Health Needs.
- We Educate You So You Can Make an Informed Choice.